Priv.-Doz. Dr. Amir Moradi
- Privat-Dozent/in - Lehrstuhl Embedded Security
Lehrstuhl für Eingebette Sicherheit
Fakultät für Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik
- ID 2/619
- (+49)(0)234 / 32 - 27219
- firstname.lastname@example.org PGP Schlüssel
- Since 5/2016: Academic Councilor (Akademischer Rat)Embedded Security, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany
- Since 10/2015: Faculty Member (Privatdozent)Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Sciences, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany
- 2009-2016: post-doctoral researcherEmbedded Security, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany
- 2008: PhD in Computer EngineeringSharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
- 2007-2008: visiting PhD studentEmbedded Security, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany
- 2004: MSc in Computer EngineeringSharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
- 2001: BSc in Computer EngineeringShahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran
- Side-Channel Cryptanalysis
- Efficient Implementation of Cryptographic Algorithms
- Applied Cryptography
- Co-author of the Best Student-Paper Award at International Conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security - ACNS 2014.
- Best Paper Award at International Workshop on Constructive Side-Channel Analysis and Secure Design - COSADE 2015.
- Co-author of the Best Student-Paper Award at IEEE International Symposium on Hardware Oriented Security and Trust - HOST 2016.
- since Summer 2011, Physical Attacks and Countermeasures, Dep. of Elect. Engineering and Info. Sciences, Ruhr University Bochum, 141028.
- since Winter 2015/16, Cryptography on Hardware-based Platforms, Dep. of Elect. Engineering and Info. Sciences, Ruhr University Bochum, 141031.
- since Winter 2010/11, Side-Channel Attacks (Lab Course), Dep. of Elect. Engineering and Info. Sciences, Ruhr University Bochum, 142023.
- Winter 2009/10 - Winter 2014/15, Embedded Smartcard Microcontrollers (Lab Course), Dep. of Elect. Engineering and Info. Sciences, Ruhr University Bochum, 142020.
- Fall 2006, Spring 2007, Logical Circuits, Department of Computer Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, CE40212.
- Spring 2006, Summer 2006, Digital Electronics Lab, Department of Computer Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, CE40307.
- Summer 2001, Logical Circuits Lab, Department of Computer Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, CE40206.
Program Committee/Editorial Board member of
- Smart Card Research and Advanced Application Conference (CARDIS 2011, CARDIS 2015, CARDIS 2016, CARDIS 2017).
- International Conference on Information Security and Cryptology (INSCRYPT 2012).
- Constructive Side-Channel Analysis and Secure Design Workshop (COSADE 2013, COSADE 2014, COSADE 2015, COSADE 2016, COSADE 2017, COSADE 2018).
- International Workshop on Lightweight Cryptography for Security & Privacy (LightSec 2014, LightSec 2016).
- International Conference on Reconfigurable Computing and FPGAs (ReConFig 2014, ReConfig 2015, ReConfig 2016, ReConfig 2017).
- International Workshop on Fast Software Encryption (FSE 2015, FSE 2016).
- Workshop on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems (CHES 2015, CHES 2016, CHES 2017, CHES 2018).
- Workshop on Secure Hardware and Security Evaluation (TRUDEVICE 2015).
- International Workshop on the Arithmetic of Finite Fields (WAIFI 2016).
- Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design (DSD 2016, DSD 2017) special session on Architectures and Hardware for Security Applications.
- International Conference on the Theory and Application of Cryptology and Information Security, (ASIACRYPT 2016, ASIACRYPT 2017).
- International Conference on Cryptology in India, (INDOCRYPT 2016).
- Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition A5 Secure Systems (DATE 2017).
- IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI System Design and Security Track (ISVLSI 2017).
- International Conference on Cryptology and Information Security in Latin America (Latincrypt 2017).
- International Symposium on Computer Architecture & Digital Systems (CADS 2017)
- Symposium on Real-Time and Embedded Systems and Technologies (RTEST 2018)
- Workshop on Attacks and Solutions in Hardware Security (ASHES 2017)
- International Symposium on Hardware Oriented Security and Trust (HOST 2018).
- Schutz und Zuverlässigkeit der Gesellschaft für Informatik (SICHERHEIT 2018).
- International Journal of Applied Cryptography (IJACT).
- Smart Card Research and Advanced Application Conference (PC co-Chair) (CARDIS 2014).
- Smart Card Research and Advanced Application Conference (General co-Chair) (CARDIS 2015).
- International Workshop on Lightweight Cryptography for Security & Privacy (General and PC co-Chair) (LightSec 2015).
- Statistical Tools Flavor Side-Channel Collision Attacks EUROCRYPT 2012, April 17, Cambridge, UK. (talk)
- Breaking the Bitstream Decryption of FPGAs invited talk at ECRYPT II Summer School: Challenges in Security Engineering, 2012, September 5, Bochum, Germany.
- How Far Should Theory Be from Practice? Evaluation of a Countermeasure CHES 2012, September 10, Leuven, Belgium.
- On the Simplicity of Converting Leakages from Multivariate to Univariate CHES 2013, August 21, Santa Barbara, US.
- Altera vs. Xilinx which one keeps your design hidden? rump session CHES 2013, August 22, Santa Barbara, US.
- Side-Channel Countermeasures for Hardware: is There a Light at the End of the Tunnel? invited talk at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 2013, September 11, Worcester, US.
- Evaluation of Side-Channel Leakages through Statistical Moments invited talk at Bosch GmbH, 2014, March 13, Stuttgart, Germany.
- Side-Channel Leakage through Static Power Should We Care about in Practice? invited talk at NXP Semiconductors, 2014, April 22, Hamburg, Germany (+ CHES 2014, September 26, Busan, South Korea).
- Early Propagation and Imbalanced Routing, How to Diminish in FPGAs CHES 2014, September 26, Busan, South Korea.
- Physical Attacks, extracting the secrets from cryptographic devices invited talk at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, 2015, January 22, Weimar, Germany.
- Side-Channel Security Analysis of Ultra-Low-Power FRAM-based MCUs COSADE 2015, April 14, Berlin, Germany.
- Hiding Higher-Order Leakages in Hardware invited talk at TI day, KU Leuven, Belgium.
- Leakage Assessment Methodology - a clear roadmap for side-channel evaluations invited talk at Sharif University of Technology, 2015, August 29, Tehran, Iran.
- Improved Side-Channel Analysis Attacks on Xilinx Bitstream Encryption of 5, 6, and 7 Series COSADE 2016, April 14, Graz, Austria.
- Masking as a Side-Channel Countermeasure in Hardware invited tutorial at ISCISC 2016, September 6, Tehran, Iran.
- Moments-Correlating DPA CCS 2016 Workshops (TIs), October 24, Vienna, Austria.
- Side-Channel Analysis Protection and Low-Latency in Action - case study of PRINCE and Midori ASIACRYPT 2016, December 07, Hanio, Vietnam. (talk)
- Bit-Sliding: A Generic Technique for Bit-Serial Implementations of SPN-based Primitives CHES 2017, September 28, Taipei, Taiwan. (talk)
- The First Thorough Side-Channel Hardware Trojan ASIACRYPT 2017, December 05, Hong Kong, China.
- Oliver Mischke (jointly supervised with Tim Güneysu)
- Pascal Sasdrich (jointly supervised with Tim Güneysu)
- Tobias Schneider (jointly supervised with Tim Güneysu)
- Alexander Wild (jointly supervised with Tim Güneysu)
We are always looking for PhD students that have shown outstanding performance in their previous studies and research. If you feel fitting into our group, send your application via e-mai to email@example.com
- NaSCA- Nano-Scale Side-Channel Analysis: Physical Security for Next-Generation CMOS ICs (DFG 2016-2019)
- VeriSec- Computer-Assisted Integration and Verification of Masking in Cryptographic Implementations (BMBF 2017-2020)
- SysKit- A Development Tool for Secure Communications in Industry 4.0 (BMBF 2017-2020)
- GreenSec- Security for Internet of Things with Low Energy and Low Power Consumption (DFG 2018-2021)
- 143020: Bachelor-Seminar Embedded Security
- 142023: Master-Praktikum Seitenkanalangriffe
- 143021: Master-Seminar Embedded Security
- 141028: Physical Attacks and Countermeasures