course: Computational Engineering 1
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- computer based presentation, black board and chalk
- responsible person:
- Priv.-Doz. Dr. Jürgen Geiser
- Priv.-Doz. Dr. Jürgen Geiser (ETIT)
- offered in:
- summer term
dates in summer term
- lecture: Monday the 24.09.2018 from 09:00 to 16.00 o'clock in IC 03/604
- lecture: Tuesday the 25.09.2018 from 09:00 to 16.00 o'clock in IC 03/604
- lecture: Wednesday the 26.09.2018 from 09:00 to 16.00 o'clock in IC 03/604
- lecture: Thursday the 27.09.2018 from 09:00 to 16.00 o'clock in IC 03/604
- lecture: Friday the 28.09.2018 from 09:00 to 16.00 o'clock in IC 03/604
Termin wird vom Dozenten bekannt gegeben
|Form of exam:||written|
|Registration for exam:||Directly with the lecturer|
- Derivation of the modelling equations for fluid- and electrodynamics.
- Introduction into numerical methods related to multiscale modells (multiscalen-methods and special discretization-methods, e.g., FDTD-methods).
- Consolidation into special multiscale solvers, e.g., HMM (Heterogeneous Multiscale Method), EFM (Equation-Free Method), MISM (Multiscale Iterative Splitting Method).
- Examples in the field of transport-reactions- and Maxwell-equations (e.g., particle-transport in the electromagnetic field).
- Programming exercises in MATLAB.
- Modelling of electromagnetic- and transport-problems (transport-reaction- and Maxwell-equations).
- Preparing the theoretical principles for solving the underlying partial differential equations with different spatial- and time-scales (multiscale theory).
- Communicating the numerical solver methods for efficient and robust simulation algorithms.
- Communicating of so called multiscale solvers, e.g.,HMM (Heterogeneous Multiscale Methods, which allow to calculate and transfer between microscopic (fine) and macroscopic (coarse) models (or grids).
- Introducing into commercial software-packages(MATLAB) for solving the underlying differential equations.
Content of the modules Mathematik 1-3
The lecture is given as block-lecture. The examinations can be passed at Friday. In the course a script is used. While the number of participants is limited, please register as soon as possible till 28.09.2018 at the secretary Elke Konhaeuser (email@example.com).
- Dates in winter term 2018:
- Monday 24.09.2018, 09:00-16.00, in room IC 03/604
- Tuesday 25.09.2018, 09:00-16.00, in room IC 03/604
- Wednesday 26.09.2018, 09:00-16.00, in room IC 03/604
- Thursday 27.09.2018, 09:00-16.00, in room IC 03/604
- Friday 28.09.2018, 09:00-16.00, in room IC 03/604
The practical exercises are given in MATLAB, in room ID 1/104 (CIP room).
The course is awarded with the eLearning Label of the RUB for the summer-semester 2016 and 2017. Further the lecturer is awarded with the 18th elearning-prize of the "in-class and out-of-class" concept.